January 15, 2008

walk down memory lane

i walk this road again
with the rains beating down
drenched to the skin
it's all blurry and hazy
is it the rain
or my tears
blinding me?

against my wishes
my hand stretches out
looking for yours
as i remember
the times we walked together
this same road
hand in hand

i curl my fingers in a fist
till my fingers bleed
and the puddles turn red

i feel the water around me
and i feel you
right here beside me
all around me
there isn't a shred
of my existence
that doesn't carry your name

and so i walk alone
and yet not alone
i have you with me
even though you left me
crying in the rains

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Explore, and explore. Be neither chided nor flattered out of your position of perpetual inquiry. Neither dogmatize, nor accept another's dogmatism.

but y i m posting this here...???

naween said...

@anon

how can i answer that [:P]?

Anonymous said...

Something in here makes me feel sooo god-damn nostalgic... :| ...

great piece....

~JD

naween said...

@JD

thanks!